Tomorrow I’ll talk about posts I avoid, but today I thought I’d talk about the type of blog posts that I DO enjoy.
1. Well-written posts. I love it when the blogger is a good writer. I’m sure we’re all hit or miss on this one, but I love a well-turned phrase and memorable imagery. It’s also something I’m seeking to grow in which is one reason to read and write. (and that sentence alone proves that I have a lot of room to grow!)
2. Humorous posts. Nothing cruel or raunchy, but I enjoy a good laugh. I love reading a well-written embarrassing story or simply writing humorous commentary on life.
3. Real posts. Ones where the author is not seeking comments, but simply trying to share with us an almost inexpressibly wonderful or devastating moment.
4. Well-thought out religious or political posts. These are hard to come by, as we all tend to get caught up in our own emotional feelings when talking about such subjects. But when it’s done right? It hits the spot. And I don’t even care if I agree with them or not.
5. Lists of some kind or another. Makes a post easier to read, most of the time.
6. Letters. These can be entertaining or thoughtful, sometimes either.
What about you? What types of posts are your favorites? And of course I wouldn’t think of using this information to entice my readers to keep reading…