1. Would you ever consider working for the government?
Sure. I mean, I do want to be a teacher in a public school. But I also wouldn’t mind working in a bureaucratic position, though I’m sure some things would drive me batty.
2. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You get enough time to make ONE phone call. Who would you call?
At least I got to see Hawaii before I die, right? Without question, I’d call my parents. And not only because their number is one of the few that I actually have memorized, but also because they’re the obvious choice. So please pick up, okay?
3. If you had to wear one color every day for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
Blue, because I look good in it and enjoy all the shades. If I had to pick a particular shade, I’d say periwinkle because it’s what I look best in and it’s my favorite.
4. What is your dream for America’s future?
I dream that we’ll recognize that we’ve allowed our federal government to grow unconstitutionally large, and have it start pulling out of things such as education. I dream that we’ll elect representives that recognize that like our own personal budgets, we have to cut spending in order to pay down debt. But I’m afraid this is all a dream.
5. What’s your favorite song of the moment?
I know this will be strange unless you’re familiar with my music tastes, but I’d have to say Eminem and Rihanna’s “Love the Way You Lie.” I can’t relate to it (I promise I’m not nor have ever been in a violent co-dependent relationship), but for some reason it resonates. Looking back at my favorite songs from the past, it’s clear I like the darker, from-the-soul type of songs. Plus I’ve always been a fan of Eminem (or at least the cleaned-up versions of his songs). Hope I don’t lose any favor in your eyes!