It’s been a couple months since I’ve done a 30 before 30 update. I have just over 3 months left to work on these goals! I have highlighted the goals based on the likelihood of getting there (green=good, yellow=maybe, red=no). I have completed 3 more goals since I last updated!
1. Read the Bible twice through. 2349/2378 chapters = 99%
I’m very close. Will be getting there in the next couple of days!
2. Memorize Colossians.
This won’t be happening. I have started, but I want to not rush this. Also have other verses I want to memorize.
3. Lose 50 pounds.
50 pounds is not going to happen because as of right now, I’m about a pound over where I started a year ago. But, given the year I had, I’ll take it. I’ve been making a concerted effort to work on my health, and anticipate at least getting partial progress on this goal.
4. Save $2,000. Completed 3/15/2012
5. Publish The Journal. Completed 12/26/2011
6. __________. (find a new job) Completed 12/28/2011
7. Pay down my student loans to $XX,000.
This won’t be happening, barring some windfall in the next couple of months. I have actually changed my financial goals since I wrote this list, so I’m actually further ahead than I had hoped to be, but paying down this loan has not been high on my priority list.
8. Write What about Emotions (working title).
This probably is not going to be happening. Just haven’t been making the time to work on it, and don’t anticipate this changing in the next couple of months. I probably will be putting this on my next goal list (thinking about doing 101 in 1001 after I hit 30!).
9. Read 160 books. 146/160 = 91%
Will be getting there this month or next.
10. Read 5 classics. Completed 2/20/2012
11. Swim a mile (again). Completed 8/31/2012
This is probably my favorite thing on this list right now…it just feels like such a victory. It has been 6 years and 60 pounds since the last time I did this. I definitely have work to do, still!
12. Work a polling place during an election. Completed 10/11/2011
13. Celebrate our 30th birthdays with Dana.
Not sure when we’ll get to celebrate, but it’s not going to be between our 2 30th birthdays as I had thought. I’ve been very thankful to have seen her twice in the last year, though.
14. Cut caffeine down to only one Diet Dr Pepper a week.
This is definitely a maybe. Doable, sure. Wantable? Perhaps not. I have a great job right now which gives me all the Diet Dr Pepper I want during working hours. Working on my health has lowered my desire for Diet Dr Pepper, though, so that might be what kicks it.
15. Sell 100 copies of The Journal. Completed Summer 2012
This was actually a big goal for me. But after doing some thinking, I decided I’d rather give people the opportunity to read the book than to make money on it. I’ve made a little money on it (not quite offsetting my costs), but over 400 copies have been downloaded.
16. Make an author website. Completed 12/20/2011
17. Fast 16 days. 2/16
This will not be happening. Due to some health issues, I don’t think it’s wise for me to fast as I had planned…at this point. I’ve talked to my doctor about it, and she says to follow my body on this one. If I can get my blood sugar under better control, this will be an option again. Just another reason to work on that.
18. Pray through Operation World. 35/246 = 14%
It embarrasses me how quickly other things take precedence over prayer.
19. Spend time on Yom Kippur fasting, praying, and thinking. Completed 10/7/2011
20. Decorate my apartment for Christmas. Completed 11/25/2011
21. Meet my niece. Completed 12/27/2011
22. Write in my journal 100 times. Completed 2/23/2012
23. Make a baby blanket for Bean. Completed 11/9/2011
24. Have an empty to-read shelf.
25. Write 70 encouraging letters or emails. 26/70 = 37%
Totally doable if I just do it.
26. Bake bread.
I need to put this on my to-do list soon.
27. Make my own laundry detergent. Completed 8/5/2012
This was fun, and it’s worked for me. I had to half the formula the Duggars use for obvious reasons…
28. Finish recording the Chronicles of Narnia for my niece.
I’ve definitely slowed down on this one, though I want to at least get one or more done for her birthday/Christmas. Not going to rush it, though.
29. Walk 4 miles on the treadmill.
This was a filler goal, and you can tell. I really don’t care to complete it, but I might hop on a treadmill one day and do it. Or not…we’ll see.
30. Read the Qur’an and the Book of Mormon. Completed 4/20/2012