Six weeks from tomorrow I turn 30. (I accidentally typed ’15′ the first time, probably because my birthday is the 15th. Hopefully not because I actually still think I’m a teenager.)
So how am I doing on my 30 before 30 list? Green ones are done, yellow are in progress and red aren’t going to be happening. I’m hoping to finish 23/30. Not as many as I’d like, but hey, some of these things wouldn’t have happened at all without this list!
I’m ready for my birthday because I’m ready to start a new list. Details to come on what I’m doing next!
1. Read the Bible twice through. completed September 10, 2012
2. Memorize Colossians.
3. Lose 50 pounds. 11/50
Not going to happen, but I’m making progress.
4. Save $2,000. Completed 3/15/2012
5. Publish The Journal. Completed 12/26/2011
6. __________. (find a new job) Completed 12/28/2011
7. Pay down my student loans to $XX,000.
I’m not actually as far away as I originally thought. Though I’m not going to reach that, I am actually better off financially than I had planned to be.
8. Write What about Emotions (working title).
9. Read 160 books. Completed 10/27/2012
10. Read 5 classics. Completed 2/20/2012
11. Swim a mile (again). Completed 8/31/2012
12. Work a polling place during an election. Completed 10/11/2011
13. Celebrate our 30th birthdays with Dana.
14. Cut caffeine down to only one Diet Dr Pepper a week.
Oh yeah, this one. We’ll see. Probably not, though.
15. Sell 100 copies of The Journal. Completed Summer 2012
16. Make an author website. Completed 12/20/2011
17. Fast 16 days. 2/16
18. Pray through Operation World. 122/246 = 50%
Working on it.
19. Spend time on Yom Kippur fasting, praying, and thinking. Completed 10/7/2011
20. Decorate my apartment for Christmas. Completed 11/25/2011
21. Meet my niece. Completed 12/27/2011
22. Write in my journal 100 times. Completed 2/23/2012
23. Make a baby blanket for Bean. Completed 11/9/2011
24. Have an empty to-read shelf.
I think I have 5-6 books to read. On target to finish the day before my birthday. Wouldn’t want it to sit empty for too long!
25. Write 70 encouraging letters or emails. 47/70 = 67%
Working on it.
26. Bake bread.
I need to schedule this for some upcoming Monday.
27. Make my own laundry detergent. Completed 8/5/2012
28. Finish recording the Chronicles of Narnia for my niece.
I need to finish the book(s) I’m giving her for Christmas/birthday though.
29. Walk 4 miles on the treadmill.
This needs to go on my list to just do one day.
30. Read the Qur’an and the Book of Mormon. Completed 4/20/2012