I love that you’re taking the time to comment on my blog. In my years of blogging, I’ve been blessed with awesome comments from people from all over, all backgrounds, and many different viewpoints. With only a handful of exceptions among those thousands, these comments have been courteous, encouraging, and helpful.
This policy is really only for those that aren’t.
- Email addresses that are provided are only used to identify you, dear commenter, and respond as necessary. They are not published nor used for spam or solicitations.
- Commenters may find their first comment held for moderation. I’ll clear these as quickly as I can to allow these comments to be part of the discussion.
- This blog is set up to automatically hold any blog comment with more than two links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog. If these links are relevant, your comment will be approved as soon as possible.
- Comments are responded to in the comment section on the applicable post. Except in rare cases, I won’t email a reply. This allows the continuation of discussion.
- I maintain the right to censor any comment (though I rarely assert this right).
- Comments will be censored if they contain curse words, name calling, or personal attacks, but except in rare cases, will still be published. If you cannot make your point without one or the other, reexamine the basis for your viewpoint…you may be only acting/reacting in anger.
- Links to spam-y websites will be removed and may cause the entire comment to be marked as spam. Any comment with only a link will be removed.
- Trackbacks will be treated as comments, so unless they’re from a relevant, reputable blog or website, they will be removed.
- If you left a comment and it does not appear and does not violate the above rules, contact me. It may have been marked “spam” by mistake.
- If at any point you are offended by myself or a commenter, please feel free to contact me.
- All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the commenter, not the blog author. By submitting a comment on our blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, Ignorant Historian, and it’s author harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
Policy updated 3/1/2011
(HT: The Blog Herald, for some of the language found here)