This list was originally created and published on June 10, 2009. I’ve moved it here so I can keep it updated. So far I’ve completed 3 of the original 26 items on the list.
1. Visit every inhabited continent. (still need Africa, South America, and Australia)
2. Read every book written by Jane Austen and Charles Dickens. (I’m only close on Jane Austen – I still want to read two of her incomplete novels and her Juvenilia)
3. Grow my own vegetable garden (I’d want cucumbers, bell peppers, and radishes, just like we had growing up). - (completed 6/12/2010 by eating my first self-grown cucumber…yum!)
4. Memorize at least 4 books of the Bible. (already memorized 1 Peter)
5. Write a book. (completed 11/22/2010, “Two Journals”)
6. Be a positive influence on the next generation.
7. Celebrate Dana and I turning 40 with a huge party (you’re all invited…summer 2022).
8. Meet the president (whoever is in office at the time, whether I like them or not).
9. Go on a cruise.
10. See my favorite Shakespeare and Oscar Wilde plays performed in person (Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello; The Importance of Being Earnest, An Ideal Husband…I’m sure I’ll add others later).
11. Root for OU in person at a bowl game (and have them win! – or is this asking too much?).
12. Publish something…an article, a book, etc. (completed spring 2011)
13. Visit the Holy Land.
14. Play a game of Monopoly from start to finish. (completed 7/9/2012)
15. See a Broadway play. (Completed 12/17/2009, Phantom of the Opera)
16. Serve on a jury.
17. Watch Gone with the Wind. (Completed 2/7/2010)
18. Swim a mile (again).
19. Blog until I die…or until God convicts me to stop.
20. Read 3,000 books. (count started in 2006: (47 + 33 + 67 + 98 + 170) = 415 read so far)
21. Walk the streets of Rome.
22. Write in my journal every day for a year.
23. Write a letter twice a week for a year.
24. Create book database/checkout system.
25. Build up my emergency savings (I have a specific number in mind, but I’ll keep it to myself). (completed spring 2012)
26. See the Mediterranean (I’ve been this.close several times).
27. Experience Bruckner’s Symphony 9 performed live. (added 6/15/2010)
28. Go stargazing. (added 7/12/2012)