I’ve always loved to read. I can credit my Mom for that one…I have lots of memories about books: from visiting the large “liberry” downtown to being read aloud to each evening.
Here are ten of my favorites from my childhood…I’m not sure they’re the “top” but they’re the top ones that I can remember! But if I can remember them, that says a lot. I can’t wait to share these with the kids in my life. In fact, I already have plans of giving a few of them as gifts!
1. Bill Peet: an Autobiography
2. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg
3. Betsy series by Carolyn Haywood
4. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O’Brien
5. Alexander, and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
6. The Pain and the Great One by Judy Blume
7. Little House on the Prarie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
8. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
9. Encyclopedia Brown by Donald J. Sobol
10. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George