If you were paying attention to my 101 in 1001 list, you would remember that one of those goals was to blog an update monthly. While I started and will end my list mid-month, I will be blogging updates at the beginning of each month about the previous month’s progress. It’s just how I think.
Overall, by the end of December, I had completed 2 goals. With partial progress on a number of other goals, I am 5.17% done with my list, which is awesome. I know that I’ll reach goal fatigue at some point, so it’s good to have some breathing room.
I’ll just be mentioning goals that I’ve been working on. So here’s what I’ve been up to.
7. Watch 10 movies I’ve wanted to see. 1/10
Went to see Les Miserables with my parents while I was home over Christmas. So good!
10. Host a game night. – Completed 12/15/2012
The first goal I ever completed, as I hosted a game night for my birthday!
13. Wear earrings at least 20 days in a month. 10/20
Working on it, and am halfway there. I’ve been wanting to get back into the habit of wearing earrings, and this has definitely been helping.
14. Reread (or listen to the audio of) 20 books. 1/20
I finished reading The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe for my niece, which is a reread for me.
29. Walk 10,000 steps/day for a week. - Completed 12/28/2012
It was such a good idea to do this while I was home in Kansas. Of course, I didn’t quite think that at the time when I was walking out in the single digit windchills, but it was good to get moving again.
39. Floss everyday for a month. 13/30
Hopefully I’ll make this a habit as well.
45. Journal 500 times. 22/500
You may notice that journaling 22 times in 17 days means that I journaled more than once a day. I was just in a journaling mood. I won’t be keeping up this pace, though, which is fine.
47. Blog 303 times. 12/303
This includes a couple of scheduled posts.
48. Read the Bible through in 5 different versions. 173/5945
I started with the NIV which has been good. It has been really good to shake things up a bit.
49. Memorize 101 verses. 2/101
52. Make a list of 101 things I’m thankful for. 27/101
This has been harder than I thought, which means I’m out of practice.
55. Write 101 letters or encouraging emails. 43/101
Christmas cards have given me a great start.
58. Donate $1001 (above what I give to the church). 90/1001
I feel really awkward posting about this. I should have thought about that before.
59. Donate 101 things. 4/101
Funny story, this. All evidence points to the fact that I donated a few Christmas presents accidentally. I re-bought new stuff, but you bet I’m counted those items as donated.
60. Throw out/recycle/donate 50 other things. 1/50
Got rid of an old unmentionable.
61. See my niece 6 times. 1/6
63. Volunteer 101 hours. 1.5/101
72. Have $X in savings. 10.7%
I did not save 10.7% of my goal, but I’m 10.7% of the way to it from where I was December 15th. If that makes any sense.
74. Pay down student loan to below $X. 2.68%
78. Wear a skirt or dress to work 50 times. 1/50
I really love doing it, so glad to have this incentive.
82. Read 250 books. 10/250
The readathon helped.
84. Visit a national news site 101 times. 6/101
85. Visit a local news site 101 times. 2/101
87. Memorize a poem.
Decided to memorize William Knox’s “Mortality” and have started to memorize the first stanza.
92. Save $10 for every task completed.
Saved an extra $20 for the 2 tasks already completed.