Some time ago, Teacher Girl tagged me in a meme. I couldn’t tell you when the last time I did a chain letter-ish meme (versus things like Top Ten Tuesdays), so I thought I’d play along!
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post. [a rule I'm going to break]
Go to their page and tell them you linked him or her.
No tag backs.
No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this.” You have to legitimately tag 11 people. [once again, I'm not tagging.]
11 Things about Me
1. I’ve written more “things about me” on this blog than I can count. I’m just that self-absorbed. Here’s 100 that I wrote 4 years ago.
2. It really bugs me when my nail polish or purse (or worse, both!) match my outfit. I don’t want them to clash, necessarily, but I don’t like to look all matchy-matchy.
3. I get obsessed with colors for a time, then move on to another color. Right now, my obsessive colors is blue, especially navy blue. I never understood before why people would like navy blue, but I get it now.
4. I don’t like wearing shoes that require socks. Just one more thing I have to do in the morning.
5. Actually, I’d be fine without shoes, as long as I had something to wear while I’m sitting still. My feet don’t really get cold when I’m using them.
6. Going off of #2 and #4, I paint my nails ever week and go through phases as to which are my favorite nail polish colors. Right now, my favorites are several shades of blue (navy, a dark cerulean, and periwinkle).
7. I immediately change into pajamas when I get home in the evening and will stay in them until I have a place to go the next day. During my unemployment, they were the first items of clothing that I would run out of before I had to do laundry again. Life is better in pajamas.
8. I’ve not been reading much fiction lately. Well, I listen to fiction on audio, but I’ve not had much appetite for reading it with my eyeballs. It should not take 2 months for me, a reader, to read one fiction book.
9. I’ve never owned an Apple product and probably never will. Nothing against Apple necessarily, I just don’t like having what everyone else has.
10. I don’t like it light/bright. Sunlight is wonderful (as long as I have sunglasses!), but apart from that, I don’t like much lighting. At home, I usually just have one small lamp on and have even been known to read by Christmas tree light or candlelight. I find the dark cozy.
11. I much prefer a spoon to a fork. I only use forks when I “have” to. I also prefer a bowl to a plate.
Answers to Teacher Girl’s Questions
1. If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why?
I actually really like being me, so this is a hard question. Though it would be weird to be a girl again, I think I’d choose Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia.
2. If you were going to move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Well, I kinda have a secret answer to this question, but if I disregard that, I’d say Turkey.
3. What is something embarrassing that happened to you that you now think is funny?
Pretty much any embarrassing thing that’s happened to me. For example, I once bleacher surfed down half the bleachers after a high school pep rally… embarrassing and painful.
4. What do you do when you have “nothing to do?”
Sadly, crochet (not the sad part) while watching TV. Wish I’d pick up a book as my default. Or put my puzzle together, listening to an audio book.
5. What was the last book you read?
At this writing (February 7th), the last book I was reading was Debt-Proof Living by Mary Hunt. Good to read a finance book every once in a while to motivate me to my goals.
6. What are the top 5 songs on your playlist right now?
The top 5 songs I can’t currently get enough of are “Jesus, Lover of My Soul” by Chris Eaton, “Jesus, Hold Me Now” by Casting Crowns, Bruckner’s Symphony No. 9 in D minor (for reals), “Sexy and I Know It” by LMFAO (ahem), and “Moves Like Jagger” by Maroon 5. Um, I’m a little all-over the map.
7. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Good question. Just counted: I have 17 pairs of shoes and 12 pairs of flip flops. That’s actually less than I thought. I’m still working on paring them down to just those I actually do wear.
8. Never have I ever…
Been to Dallas. Not true any more (I fly into Dallas about once a year now), but that was always my standard answer when we would play this in college. About half the people playing were from Texas (many from the Dallas area), so I could knock out a bunch of people at once.
True answer: never have I ever skiied.
9. If _____ showed up at my door…
If anyone showed up at my door, I’d jump out of my skin. I’m not used to visitors, if you don’t count the UPS man.
10. What is something you are afraid of?
I’m afraid of looking stupid. I know that this is a pride issue.
11. Tell me something wonderful that happened to you this week (or month, ya know, if it has been a bad week).
At work, I helped someone solve a problem with their computer that I’ve never done before myself. That’s the art of tech support, and I loved it. It was scary until he told me my solution worked.
Questions for You (for anyone who wants to take up the challenge)
1. What’s a book that made you think?
2. What moment in a book or movie made you cry unexpectedly?
3. What is something that you’ve always secretly wanted to try, but you are too scared to?
4. If you could only drink one thing besides water for the rest of your life, what drink would you choose?
5. If you went back to school (or were to change your major), what would you want to study?
6. What class was/is your favorite?
7. Cherry, grape, or orange? (I’m thinking popsicles, but feel free to adapt your answer.)
8. If you had to dye your hair an unnatural color, which color would you choose?
9. As a child, what name did you want to name a child when you grew up?
10. Star Wars or Star Trek?
11. If you walk up to a white board that has black, red, green, and blue markers in the tray, which would you pick up and use? (for illustration purposes, let’s assume that they’re all brand new)